Rival Tens or Better
We look closer at the Rival Tens or Better version of video poker we see why some players actually prefer this variation of the online game.
Why is Rival Tens or Better Popular
Tens or Better Video Poker is a popular game offered by various online gambling software providers, including this version from Rival. Rival is a well-established software brand in the online casino industry, known for developing games that players love. Tens or Better by Rival offers a top prize of 4000 coins, which is a standard payout for this type of game.
Gameplay and Design
In this single-hand version of video poker, you play with a single deck of cards, and we found it to be quite generous in terms of winning frequency. The game has a visually appealing design, with clear illustrations and easily accessible pay tables displayed above the card game. Like other versions of Tens or Better, the minimum winning hand required is a pair of tens.
Card Hand Rankings
The ranking of card hands follows traditional poker rules, starting with a Pair of Tens and progressing to higher combinations such as two pairs, three of a kind, straight, flush, full house, four of a kind, straight flush, and the coveted Royal Flush. The Royal Flush pays out 4000 coins, but to receive the full payout, it is necessary to bet a maximum of five coins.
The wagering range begins at a minimum of 0.05 coins and progressively extends from 0.10 to 5.00 coins. Players have the option to bet between one and five coins, with the crucial point to remember being that the maximum prize of 4000 coins is exclusively attainable when placing a bet of five coins.
The value of the coin multiplied by 4000 determines the actual payout. Therefore, it may be preferable to play with five coins of a smaller value rather than fewer coins.
As for bonus features, Tens or Better includes a gamble feature that offers an additional way to win or potentially lose winnings. When a win occurs, players have the option to activate the gamble feature, although it is less interactive compared to bonus features in slot games.
Rival Tens or Better Strategy
The strategy for Tens or Better Video Poker closely resembles that of Jacks or Better. It’s worth noting that payouts for the Flush, Royal Flush, and Full House are usually lower in Tens or Better to account for the winning hand with a pair of Tens.
However, these hands can still yield substantial payouts when achieved. To make the most of your gameplay, follow the strategy table below. Start from the top and select the action that applies to your hand.
Tens or Better Strategy Table
In Tens or Better Video Poker, a “High Card” refers to a Ten, Jack, Queen, King, or Ace.
Tens Or Better Tips
- It is highly recommended to play with 5 coins whenever possible to maximize your payouts. The difference when getting a Royal Flush with either 4 coins or 5 coins is important, so don’t miss out on a potential big win.
- Never gamble with more money than you can afford to lose.
- If you reach your predetermined session budget, it’s crucial to walk away and avoid trying to chase losses. Attempting to recover losses can lead to further financial trouble.
- Shop around and compare payout rates at different casinos. While the variations may be minimal, it’s worth checking 2 or 3 casinos to ensure you’re getting the best possible deal.
- Stick to the strategy provided in this article to minimize the house edge as much as possible. Increasing the opportunities for winning will improve your chances.
The Tens or Better Video Poker game by Rival provides an enjoyable and rewarding experience, with the opportunity to win significant prizes. With its attractive design, frequent winning opportunities, and the chance to aim for the top payout of 4000 coins, Tens or Better Video Poker is a game that appeals to both new and experienced players in the online casino world.